The main goal of the role as a Product Technologist is the development of medical nutrition products. You will manage all product development activities, ensuring that new and reformulated products will meet the project brief, can be implemented on production scale and adhere to all the relevant legislative, nutritional and safety requirements. You will contribute to the management of the medical project portfolio in line with the division strategy and deliverables.
Your tasks include:
• Participation in new product development projects in multidisciplinary teams with Product Development project leaders, process technologists and colleagues from operations, marketing and quality.
• Design and formulate nutritional compositions and hands-on developing these formulations via laboratory, pilot- and factory trials to final recipes to be manufactured in our factories.
• Prepare official Product Development documents, and monitor and evaluate first commercial productions.
• Ensure that the products comply with nutritional, sensory, physical and chemical requirements and fulfil the needs of the business and consumer.
Other responsibilities include:
• Coherently explain complex technical solutions to non-technical project team members and key stakeholders;
• Inspire those around them with a positive attitude and a strong can-do approach;
• Deal with changing priorities, manage uncertainty and deal with complexity in a dynamic organization;
• Initiate sharing information, best practices and information with team members and other R&D colleagues;
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of product development activities related to recipe development, factory scale up and all relevant nutritional, legislative and quality requirements.
• Support other teams when business priorities change.
• Master's (or higher) in Food Technology/Biotechnology, Engineering or similar.
• 3-5 years of experience in either powder and/or liquid processing technologies with a proven track record in product innovation and/or renovations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence stakeholders in cross-functional project teams.
• Quick to analyze complex problems and propose pragmatic solutions with concrete action plans.
• Previous project management experience would be a bonus.
• Must be a team player showing mutual respect for all colleagues regardless of experience and seniority.
• High standard of English, both written and spoken is a prerequisite
You will be initially offered a secondment contract for 12 months and an attractive salary based on your experience and education.