We are looking for a Product Developer for a global fashion brand based in Amsterdam. In this position you will be focussing on shirts and non denim bottoms on a daily base. From creative concept into pre-production stage with Design and Product Development located in Amsterdam and China. You will manage and drive the development and pre-production process with all relevant parties involved (Design, Merchandising, Sales, Product Development), in order to achieve commercial product execution, align with corporate goals, the calendar and financial key performance.
With an extensive knowledge of the entire product development process, as well as technical construction and execution on the product, costing and vendor relations, the Product Developer is the key supporting figure and link throughout the entire development process from SRF (sketch request form) into SMS (Salesmen Samples) with everyone involved.
Are you available asap until the end of January next year? (possibility of extension) Please get in touch!
What your responsibilities will be:
- Ensure quality of product and achievement of margin & sustainability targets throughout the product development process, by collaborating closely with internal stakeholders, & vendors
- Responsible for achieving product-category specific KPIs (e.g. margins, sustainability, overdevelopment and on-time SMS delivery)
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advising on possible improvements of product and margins, and signing off styles
- Responsible for maintaining efficient workflows and product quality by adhering to (category specific) calendars
- Maintain close relationships with supply value chain & vendors, in all aspects related to brand, & product expectations
- Liaise with Design for initial product development initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research, with the objective to foster innovation, sustainability and to ensure competitive price points
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product
- Execute & collaborate on innovation and sustainability in line with company & divisional targets (e.g Make It Possible roadmap)
- Execute & collaborate on digitization of product & 3D process throughout product lifecycle (from launch to sell in) alongside company & divisional roadmap & targets, in collaboration w/ the Digitalization Center of Excellence
- Provide (ad hoc) analyses and reporting
- Set target FOB prices with the objective to achieve margins, as set by Product Merchandising
- Negotiate FOB price expectations with Direct Vendors and supply value chain, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Execute on operational activities, including product development- and administrative activities , and escalate where required (e.g. overdevelopment, margin, lead time, MOQs, consulting on risk assessment, and ensuring accuracy of data in PLM)
- Review lead times of fabrics and trims/ possible lead times with supply value chain, B&P, and discuss allocations accordingly
- Send vendor requests for protos and SMS to vendors, elaborate on requests during handover (on site) using technical packs, sketches, and measurement charts
- Involved in risk assessment and collaborating with Central Quality Assurance regarding any quality issues
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in PLM (e.g. BOM, prices)
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.