Designer Soft Wovens Womanswear - Temporary
I am looking for a Designer Soft Wovens Womanswear for an international fashion brand in Amsterdam!
The Designer for Soft Wovens is part of the Womenswear team and is responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections. You will also partner with other members of the Design Team to create a cohesive collection that is aligned across product groups with clear story telling reflecting seasonal concept ideas. You will work closely with the print and pattern team to ensure the print and design work together in harmony and the correct printing technique and fabric base is used.
Are you available asap until the end of February next year? Please get in touch!
- Researching and identifying trends that work within the brand strategy, translating these into product in line with the seasonal concept direction
- Strong understanding of Soft Woven product is a must, with a keen eye for details and attention to the functionality of the product
- High level fabric knowledge of woven qualities, plus a strong technical understanding of fits and constructions
- Translate trends into commercial collections together with the Design Director
- Focus on updates to commercial core product whilst also adding newness, novelty and innovation
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Be able to work to a commercial Range Plan each season, collaborating with the Merchandising team on best seller management, Essential product and seasonal newness
- Preparing all sketches (2D & 3D) for divisional digital presentations and to focus on the follow up of each style
- Prepare all selected and confirmed styles to be digitalized, with garment worksheets and PLM completed to a high standard for sending to joint venture and buying offices globally
- Working closely and communicating daily on challenges and changes that arise during the development of styles. Partner with the Product Developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season
- Understanding and sourcing qualities, washes, trims and details that fit in the brands' aesthetic
- Work closely with the Design Team to align design aesthetics, seasonal details and creative big ideas
- Work closely with Tech and Product Development teams on garment fittings, based on block systems and new seasonal complex styles. Ensure all styles are to the highest possible standard and help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process
- Responsible to follow up on selected sourcing and fabrics each season with the Product Developer. Supports and partners with the Product Developer to execute each style, making sure that the brands' DNA is seen in every garment
- Work well in a team environment, utilizing strong communication skills.
We are looking for:
- 5-6 years of experience in Fashion Design with 2 full years of experience in Wovens
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills
- Understanding of 3D softwear such as Browzwear
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal)
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.
How we continue: we will let you know within four working days whether you qualify for the position. We schedule an introductory meeting, via phone, digitally or live. In this interview we inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the next steps in the procedure. In consultation with you, we introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Every recruiter has a very strong focus on his own field. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.
T: +31 6 8237 6318
- Detailhandel / Winkel
Independent Recruiters Groep BV gebruikt cookies om bepaalde voorkeuren te onthouden en vacatures af te stemmen op je interesses.