We are currently looking for a Maintenance Assistant.
In this position you are responsible for conducting (minor) handy man activities and tasks in and around the different building of this large, international fashion organization based in Amsterdam.
You will work according to a rotating weekly schedule to provide the best services needed to meet the overall look and feel of the office buildings.
Are you available immediately till the end of May 2023? Please get in touch!
Handy man activities and tasks such as:
- Fixing door handles/mechanisms/door closers/strike plates/hinges;
- Replacing cylinders;
- Removing/handling/replacing ceiling tiles;
- Replacing/adjusting lights;
- Hanging frames/other wall mounted systems;
- Installing clothing rails/shelving in various different storage systems;
- Clearing blockages in drains/toilets;
- Filling/sanding/painting of walls and door frames;
- Maintaining furniture by sanding/oiling/varnishing to ensure it stays in good condition;
- Fixing/replacing dishwashers;
- Assemble/disassemble/reassemble furniture.
- Make sure all maintenance calls/works are picked up in a timely and correct manner;
- Give input for creating a long-term maintenance (improvement) plans for the buildings, furniture and fixtures to the Manager Hard Services and ensuring to carry out this plan efficiently.;
- Conducting building rounds in order to notice faults and imperfections in and around the different buildings. Report these faults and imperfections into service desk for follow up. If possible conduct these works yourself;
- Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lot, bike sheds, and side walks;
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may occur such as power outages, leakages etc.;
- Make sure workshop and tool rooms are effectively organized and comply to legal and RI&E requirements.
The candidate that we're looking for:
- 2 years of experience minimum in operational corporate facilities office environment as a handy man;
- A technical back ground and education on LBO/MBO level or equivalent experience in managing corporate facilities office environments;
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC systems;
- Ability to work with FMIS (Topdesk or similar), MS Office;
- Hold VCA-basis/VOL or is willing to obtain;
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment;
- Client and service oriented;
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem solving;
- Extremely organized with good communication skills;
- Oral and writing skills in English and/or Dutch;
- Team player with ability to work autonomously.
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.
How we continue: we will let you know within four working days whether you qualify for the position. We schedule an introductory meeting, via phone, digitally or live. In this interview we inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the next steps in the procedure. In consultation with you, we introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Every recruiter has a very strong focus on his own field. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.