Laboratory Technician R&D (Temporary)
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician R&D for a world leader in the Food Industry! Do you really love to work in a lab environment with a strong focus on food analyses? Then this could be a job for you! Continue reading, this might be the next step in your career!
As a Laboratory Technician R&D, you will support, for the duration of 6 months, the analytical and scientific goals of HMR/AAD by your expertise in cutting edge instrumental analytical technologies. You will also leverage scientific substantiation of research innovations e.g. related to functional glycans or HMOS. Your analytical focus will include but not be limited to ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, GPC, structural characterization and quantitation of biomolecules (e.g. HMOS, dietary glycans) and analytical method development. You will conduct lab analyses utilizing the aforementioned technologies on a daily basis and govern storage and distribution of samples and other specimen. Moreover, you are willing and capable of taking over tasks like junior project management and coordination of aspects related to major ELN projects /engines. You will evaluate, report and present results in alignment with your teamleader. In this job you'll have a wide diversity in projects and statistics. Finally, you will drive and support our ISO 9001 conform way of working and the necessary steps for a continued improvement in this field.
This position will be in the front line of applied and exciting life science research and product development at the new Research Center in Utrecht!
For the role of Laboratory Technician R&D we're looking for someone with the following profile:
- HLO degree (mostly preferred Analytical Chemistry) or Master degree (MSc) in Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related area
- 3 years of hands on experience with ESI-LC-MS, MALDI-MS, and preparative GPC in life science research environment or within the food sector including method development and organization of lab workflows.
- Experience with LC-MS method optimization esp. with linear ion trap systems
- Skilled in usage of the necessary software to run the described analytical instrumentation (e.g. Explorer Series, Analyst (ABSciex), Exalibur, Bioworks, Chromeleon (Thermo Scientific), Chemstation (Agilent) etc.
- You are able to do the evaluation of large, complex data sets e.g. with advanced (multivariate) statistics-software tools (e.g. by PCA) and related software solutions.
- You are capable of managing self-supervised analytical projects and crossfunctioinal scientific projects by using your good time management and organizational skills.
- You are ready to present results to coll eagues and managers.
- You are experienced in preparation of standard operation procedures (SOPs) and ISO 90xx and/or GMP workflows and also with implementation of ISO9001 QM.
- You are hands-on, flexible, self-starter but also a teamplayer, open minded and creative.
- You are driven by knowledge and results and through your passion and enthusiasm for instrumental analytics!
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English, other languages (German, Dutch, French) would be a plus
We offer you a position in an innovative multinational company with an open and dynamic atmosphere. You will be offered a secondment contract for the duration of 6 month and an attractive monthly salary based on your experience and education.
Techniek & Engineering
T: +31 6 1240 4022
- Farmaceutische industrie
Independent Recruiters Groep BV gebruikt cookies om bepaalde voorkeuren te onthouden en vacatures af te stemmen op je interesses.